Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Writing Assignment 6

1 Street Portraits
It was very awkward to do this at first. I had to learn to keep my camera low and sneak a shot when I could. I used the zoom on my camera a lot for these portraits and I got some pretty awesome photos.

2 Documentary portraits
I took a lot of these kinds of portraits at Bugbee. Often the kids would look at the camera or glance at it while they were playing.

3 Environmental portraits
I did a few of these in my residence hall. I feel like these were the most challenging photos to take because people would stiffen up and not look as natural.

5 Focus on facial expressions
When I did street portraits and took photos of people with natural facial expressions they were priceless. A person knowing that they are being photographed would just smile and look at the camera, some of these photos looked nice but where boring.

6 After you are done
When I started I felt like such a creeper. I'm much more comfortable taking photos of strangers. I like taking photos when the person is unaware though, I'm not sure how good I am at making the people I'm photographing comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment