Monday, February 20, 2012

Writing Assignment 4

  1. composition: the arrangement of subjects in the frame
  2. lighting: direction of light (and other qualities)
  3. clear focal point (this can be done with focus, color, contrast, etc)
  4. there is a clear purpose: the photo conveys the goal/message of the photographer
  5. the subject is interesting
  6. unique perspective
  7. creativity
  8. depth of the image, multiple layers
  9. emotional response
  10. technical skill
This photo is focused solely on the crystal, one of the four objects we had to use. My primary focus was to play with how different light sources affect the look of the crystal. I suppose its strength is in that it has a clear purpose and focus which is the crystal. It lacks depth since its an image of a crystal and a soft pink background, and there is no strong emotional response when I look at this picture. If I could change it I think I would like to play with the source light color to make the crystal not so white, and have a more interesting background.

No comments:

Post a Comment